- British Curriculum
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
Active learning happens best when students are engaged with the topic. With this purpose in mind, HIS adopts the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) which ensures rigorous and participative learning using a comprehensive and thematic approach.
As one of UK’s fastest growing curriculum, IPC is currently practised in over 90 countries and used by over 1,600 schools. Learning with IPC takes a global approach, embedded with a clear process of learning which covers 3 main goals – academic, personal and international-mindedness. The themes are chosen to cater to the needs of the child’s interest and age group, ensuring a balance in subjects and learning styles.
- Mathematics (complemented with Singapore syllabus)
- Mandarin (for all students)
- Bahasa Malaysia (compulsory for Malaysian students)
- IPC which covers History, Geography, ICT, Art, Design Technology, Physical Education, Society and International Mindedness
For more information on the IPC, please refer to their website at www.greatlearning.com/ipc/
- Performing Arts: Dance, Drama, Music
* Students require individual iPads from Year 3 onwards
Please check with the administrative team for iPad options/packages.